Now on the North Petherton FitsSports Website
When you arrive.
Unlock the gate and after entering lock it behind you for your safety and because of unwanted others entering our site especially if you are the only person playing.
It would be essential to have a mobile phone with you at all times and your own personal hand sanitizer for when you have locked the gate on leaving the club.
• 30 minutes between allocated time slots to enable players to arrive/depart safely without their paths crossing.
•Only play on rinks. 1 & 3(to improve social distancing)
Playing times are for rinks 10:00 to 12:00. 12:30 to 14:30. 15:00 to 17:00. 17:30 to 19:30. The summer £1 rink fee per person remains the same and is to be put in the floor safe as usual before you start playing.
• Maximum of six players on a rink all of whom must be registered on the sheet provided for track and trace purposes WEARING MASKS WHEN PLAYING.
• No visitors/spectators to be admitted to the club and you can only play if you have booked a rink through the process above.
• Capping the number of occasions, a player can book a rink each week to ensure that the available capacity is distributed fairly.
Clubhouse and Facilities
• Until further notice the clubhouse will be open but only the disabled toilet which you are requested to spray when you have finished. Changing rooms and the gents and ladies’ toilets remain closed
• Sanitiser must be available for cleaning hands and equipment and any other places that you have touched like cup holders and the drinks machines before and after playing
• Rubbish bins must not be used – players must take any rubbish away with them
Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
To minimise the risk of infection, only essential items (as below) should be utilised during any session:
• Mat to be placed by the end winning lead.
• Bowls (If your bowls are at the club please get them from your locker on the first visit and take them home with you as around the locker area social distancing would be difficult to adhere to. Your £5 locker feee is now for two years under these circumstances)
• 2 Jacks on each rink and placed by the end winning skip.
• Gloves as it is suggested that players wear a glove on their non bowling hand.
• Bowling arm/lifter (for use by one person only if required)
No other equipment including chalk to be used.
• Do not go to the club if you are feeling unwell as coronavirus (COVID-
• Dress appropriately before you get to the club. – change shoes immediately before and after your game
• Travel to the green on your own or with members of your own household only – do not offer a lift to, or accept a lift from, anyone outside your household. Do not arrive more than 10 minutes before your allocated booking time.
• Take any food or drink you might need with you and take your rubbish home with you.
• Sanitise your hands and sanitise any equipment (including bowls, jacks and mats) you use before and after you play – do not assume that the person before you has sanitised the equipment thoroughly
• Sanitise padlocks, keys and door handles before and after use
Playing the game
• Do not shake hands before, during or after a game
• Do not ‘high-
• Only one player should handle the mat during the session placing it where requested by the winning end skip.
• Two jacks (one at each end) should be used and this should be set by one player only throughout the session
• Do not touch your opponents’ bowls with your hands. No measuring for shot/s
When you leave
• When you finish playing, change your shoes and leave the club immediately – ensuring that you have sanitised all equipment used and that the club is secure with gates all padlocked do not assume that there is someone after you. Remember we can check CCTV to ensure that these regulations are being adhered to. If anyone breaks these rules, they will be suspended from the club pending a discipline hearing.